My new custom build
Big Grin 
Hello everyone,

I have recently pulled the trigger on the following custom build that is now "in preparation". Happy to get some feedback but please keep it constructive. This is my first gaming PC and I built it with VR and portability in mind:

http://evatech.com.au/pcsummary.php?sysid=78807

Chose to go ahead and take the plunge on GTX 1080 as I want to be gaming on high to max settings for at least 3+ years (1080/60p). Plus, VR will only become more demanding so that's another reason.
Here are some pictures of your PC and graphics card that we took yesterday!

Ryu Custom Gaming PC in Corsair 250D - Evatech's first GTX1080 Build!

We imagine that this will be more than capable of 1080p 60FPS gaming. Hope you're happy once you receive it and have it set up. Smile

PS. Sorry, we may have been equally as excited about you to get our hands on the new graphics cards. Our technicians are having a ball fitting them into various PC builds and are looking forward to seeing how they perform in our testing benchmarks in the various configurations and supporting hardware.
(31/05/2016, 12:22 pm)Ryan Wrote: Here are some pictures of your PC and graphics card that we took yesterday!

Ryu Custom Gaming PC in Corsair 250D - Evatech's first GTX1080 Build!

We imagine that this will be more than capable of 1080p 60FPS gaming. Hope you're happy once you receive it and have it set up. Smile

PS. Sorry, we may have been equally as excited about you to get our hands on the new graphics cards. Our technicians are having a ball fitting them into various PC builds and are looking forward to seeing how they perform in our testing benchmarks in the various configurations and supporting hardware.

Thanks, Ryan! Can't wait :Smile

I understand this will currently be overkill for my proposed 1080/60p setup but that might change as well so I best be prepared. Plus I don't want to change cards anytime soon (next upgrade will be with 4k in mind).

EDIT: Loving the pictures. So close and yet so far!!
Wink 
Finished my setup. Really liking the overall result. 

[Image: NMIFBdc.jpg]
Wow, really looks like part of your entertainment system!

Thanks for sharing the picture with us. Smile

If that green "GEFORCE" light on the graphics card gets annoying (during movie watching or scary game playing), you should be able to turn it off: http://www.geforce.com/whats-new/guides/...er-guide#1
Great, thanks! I was about to ask for clarification on that anyway. Will keep that in mind.
There is one more thing I would like to mention. The pre-installed Geforce Experience app seems to behave strangely in that it tells me my rig is not VR-ready and to upgrade to GTX 970 or higher (albeit listing GTX 1080 as my installed GPU). Is this a software bug? I hope it doesn't indicate any serious malfunctions.

So far, I have only found one other user reporting the same behaviour: https://forums.geforce.com/default/topic...8gekqpG4Dw

No solution yet though.
looks cool

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
Thumbs Up My pc Im getting Bobby Morris 1 144 31/07/2017, 10:03 am
Last Post: Ryan
  Enclosing a gaming PC in a TV cabinet? KennardConsulting 1 855 01/09/2016, 01:48 pm
Last Post: Ryan
  PC build Jackas4life 2 1,219 25/06/2016, 07:01 pm
Last Post: Jackas4life